Today I want to share with you one of the projects that I made on today’s Online card and a cuppa using the Dandelion Wishes Stamp set from the 2020-21 Annual Catalogue. It uses a lovely technique – Joseph’s Coat Technique. If you missed it you can watch the event HERE.
I usually go live with two projects every Monday and Wednesday at 11.00 am BST I would love you to join me so don’t forget to like my page and tune in next week. You can find me here
I love the Dandelion Wishes Stamp set and haven’t used it for a while so thought It was high time I used it for a project.
For my card I was straight back to my favourite bright zesty colour scheme
The Joseph’s Coat Technique has been around for a while, but is such a simple but wow way to add impact to your cards.
Joseph’s Coat Technique
So, for my card, I pulled out a piece of Shimmery White cardstock and sponged my bright colours all over the card in large circles until the whole card was covered.
The next part of the technique is really important. You need to make sure the ink is completely dry before you proceed. So either leave if for a couple of hours or dry it with a heat gun as I did.
Next I stamped the flower part of the Image in Versamark twice to create the ‘fireworks’ and heat embossing with clear Stampin’ Embossing Powder
Once embossed I went over the whole image with Tuxedo Black Memento using a dauber. Build up the colour gently until the background is really dark. Then wipe over the images with a piece if kitchen roll or a tissue to remove any ink from the embossed areas.
Finally I added it to a Basic Black die cut frame from the Ornate Layers and mounted it onto a piece of Red Foil and sparkly Black Glimmer Paper before mounting onto a basic Black Base card. To finish I added a 5th November style sentiment in White Embossing on basic Black card, which I mounted with mini Black Dimensionals.
- Base: Basic Black – 29.7 cm by 10.5 cm scored at 14.9 cm
- First Layer : Red Foil – 12.5 cm by 9.0 cm
- Second Layer : Basic Black Glimmer Paper -12.0 cm by 8.5 cm
- Third Layer: Basic Black – 12.0 cm by 8.5 cm (use to die cut Ornate Frame)
- Fourth Layer: Shimmery White – 9.0 cm by 5.8 cm
I had great fun making this card and I would love to know what you think? Please do leave me a comment.
If you would like to know more about any of my projects please do get in contact and I would be happy to help you
Don’t forget I will be back on Monday with two more card makes. If you would like to join me then I will be going live on my Face Book page KISS Kreative – Sara Sayers at 11.00am BST so see you there!!!
Shop with me
- If you would like to purchase any of the Stampin’ Up! items used for this project, click on the product photos below. You will be taken to my Online Shop where you can find more information and order craft products 24/7!
- Is your Stampin’ Up! order less than £150? If so, use the current Host Gift Code below and receive a free gift from me along with other perks!
- If your order is over £150 please do not use the code as you will be your own Host and get your own rewards to spend! That’s free stuff that you get to chose what ever you wish from the current catalogues and clearance rack
- OR if your order is £99 and above consider joining my team and picking up a whole host of extras. Check it out here
Special Offers and deals
- AVAILABLE NOW: This exclusive Paper Pumpkin Kit, perfect or all levels of crafters (even beginners).
- Everything you need is in the box to make all 8 beautiful cards.
- The kit costs just £20 and is available to order whilst stocks last.
- It includes all supplies to make 8 cards including an exclusive stamp set, an ink spot (small ink pad) and card bases and elements to make the two designs of cards.
- Anyone purchasing the kit via me before November 11th will receive an invite to a free zoom class on the 21st November ( which will be recorded so you can watch on catch up if you can’t make the date) where I will show you some additional designs exclusive to the class
- Get in touch to reserve your kit with me now or place an order via my online shop
- COMING 24th NOVEMBER Save 10% off items in the Annual Catalogue
- Grab those items you want from your wish list and get more for your money.
- A small number of exclusions apply and can be found HERE
- Save on postage! – Send your order by 4.00pm on Tuesday 24th November. I will place the order and you can pick it up from me.
- Download a wish list HERE or why not put together a wish list and share with your friends and family so they buy your Christmas presents
- Don’t forget to use this month’s Customer Host code XE4W7G2V and receive a free gift from me as well as a hand made card to thank you for purchasing from me.
- Celebrate with curvy stamps, dies, and more! Designed for a variety of special occasions, the Quite Curvy Variety Bundle includes everything you need to create one-of-a-kind crafts.
- Don’t let stress steal your spirit – get ahead and get ready to order this exclusive bundle for a festive and frenzy free season!
- Available to order from the 3rd November
- Or join my team of fun happy Hugs and Kisses crafters and you could pre-order right now as part of your starter pack.
- Check out my blog and Facebook page to see some sneak peaks and more information.
Thanks for looking
- Shop Stampin Up
- Request a catalogue
- Buy a starter Kit
- Find out about joining our group of Hugs Kisses Stampers
- Use the Host Code for a Free Gift – XE4W7G2V