Welcome to our monthly Casually Crafting Blog Hop! It’s been a huge honour to pick the theme for the blog hop this month. So rather that pick the popular Christmas blog hop theme, I chose Winter is coming to give my Casually crafting buddies a little more choice of subject. I have been showcasing the Plush Poinsettia Speciality Designer Series Papers all week and still had a few more ideas up my sleeves so here goes!
Casually Crafting Design Team Blog Hop
Who are we? The Casually Crafting design team are a group of Stampin’ Up demonstrators, that just love to stamp when ever we can.
It’s no secret, that we particularly love the type of cars that are simple and easy to make with just a few products, so they are ideally suited to a beginner or casual crafter. Sometimes, we will add a wow project that is a little more stepped up.
We will be sharing our ideas on the 3rd Friday of each month and you can hop around the group and gather loads of inspiration. So grab yourself a cup of your favourite beverage, sit back & enjoy the hop!
Plush Poinsettia Speciality Designer Series Paper
I just love this paper. Its a flock patterned glassine paper in 12″ x 12″. There are three designs and you receive two sheets of Holly, Poinsettia & scroll designs.
There are so many options to use these papers and you can see some other projects HERE.
I found that most glue shows through the glassine elements of the papers when overlaid on a single layer of card. Then I made a great discovery – Adhesive sheets!
I wanted to use the papers with the Stitched Shape dies and for each shape I chose a Stamp set to go with it.
Plush Poinsettia – Circle stitched Jacquard Technique meets Snowflake Splendor
For my first card I wanted to make use of the circles within the Stitched Shapes
I paired the shapes with the Snowflake Spendor (yes, it is spelt the US way!) Papers and Bundle.
The base layer is Highland Heather and I added a layer of Silver Foil and another of the pretty DSP,
To attach the Plush Poinsettia papers to the coloured card stock of Highland Heather, Balmy Blue and Smoky Slate, I used my newly discovered Adhesive sheets to sandwich the layers together. Next die cut the shape, which holds everything together and creates this wonderfully tactile jacquard effect,
Topping off each circle with some die cut snowflakes and some Blue Adhesive Backed Gems.
To finish I stamped a sentiment from the Itty Bitty stamp set, which I fussy cut and added using Dimensionals.
Plush Poinsettia – Square stitched Jacquard Technique with Christmas Gleaming
For my next card I used the same layout, but this time used Shaded Spruce as the base card with layers of Silver foil and Real red & Whisper White card stock. This time I embossed the final Whisper White layer using the Greenery Embossing Folder and added a voluptuous ribbon and bow using the Shaded Spruce ribbon from the gorgeous Wonder of the Season Combo pack.
This time I chose the Holly design from the Plush Poinsettia SDSP and though it would look fabulous with the holly in the Christmas Gleaming. I stamped it in Shaded spruce and then coloured it using the Shaded Spruce ink for the leaves and Real Red for the berries.
The sentiment was stamped onto a piece of scrap whisper White paper in Real Red and trimmed to fit. Finally I added some Elegant Faceted Gems. So pretty.
Plush Poinsettia – Oval stitched Jacquard Technique with Peace and Joy
As a lover of bright colours and flowers it would have been remiss of me to not to combine them in this challenge. So this time I used Granny Apple Green, Magenta Madness and Bermuda Bay card for the base of my Oval Stitched shapes.
The base of the card is Thick Whisper White layered with Silver foil again and another of standard Whisper White, which was embossed with the Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder, before being adhered to the card.
For the sentiment I stamped the sentiment from the Peace and Joy Stamp set three times, one each in Granny Apple Green, Magenta Madness and Bermuda Bay and die cut them out out using the coordinating Joy dies from the bundle.
- Base: Shimmery White – 29.7 cm by 10.5 cm scored at 14.9 cm
- First Layer: Shimmery White – 14.3 cm x 10.5 cm
- Second Layer: Magenta Madness – 11.3 cm x 6.8 cm
- Third Layer: Shimmery White – 11.0 cm x 6.5 cm
I had great fun making these project. So, please do leave me a comment, because I would love to know which one is your favourite.
If you would like to know more about any of these projects please do get in contact and I would be happy to help you
You may have arrived from Hilary’s blog or started here, so please do hop onto the next blog. Next up is the very talented Barry. Just click on the photo and it will take you straight there.
and the rest of the blog roll
Shop with me
- If you would like to purchase any of the Stampin’ Up! items used for this project, click on the product photos below. You will be taken to my Online Shop where you can find more information and order craft products 24/7!
- Is your Stampin’ Up! order less than £150? If so, use the current Host Gift Code below and receive a free gift from me along with other perks!
- If your order is over £150 please do not use the code as you will be your own Host and get your own rewards to spend! That’s free stuff that you get to chose what ever you wish from the current catalogues and clearance rack
- OR if your order is £99 and above consider joining my team and picking up a whole host of extras. Check it out here
Special Offers and deals
- AVAILABLE NOW: This exclusive Paper Pumpkin Kit, perfect or all levels of crafters (even beginners).
- Everything you need is in the box to make all 8 beautiful cards.
- The kit costs just £20 and is available to order whilst stocks last.
- It includes all supplies to make 8 cards including an exclusive stamp set, an ink spot (small ink pad) and card bases and elements to make the two designs of cards.
- Anyone purchasing the kit via me before November 11th will receive an invite to a free zoom class on the 21st November ( which will be recorded so you can watch on catch up if you can’t make the date) where I will show you some additional designs exclusive to the class
- Get in touch to reserve your kit with me now or place an order via my online shop
- COMING 24th NOVEMBER Save 10% off items in the Annual Catalogue
- Grab those items you want from your wish list and get more for your money.
- A small number of exclusions apply and can be found HERE
- Save on postage! – Send your order by 4.00pm on Tuesday 24th November. I will place the order and you can pick it up from me.
- Download a wish list HERE or why not put together a wish list and share with your friends and family so they buy your Christmas presents
- Don’t forget to use this month’s Customer Host code XE4W7G2V and receive a free gift from me as well as a hand made card to thank you for purchasing from me.
- Celebrate with curvy stamps, dies, and more! Designed for a variety of special occasions, the Quite Curvy Variety Bundle includes everything you need to create one-of-a-kind crafts.
- Don’t let stress steal your spirit – get ahead and get ready to order this exclusive bundle for a festive and frenzy free season!
- Available to order from the 3rd November
- Or join my team of fun happy Hugs and Kisses crafters and you could pre-order right now as part of your starter pack.
- Check out my blog and Facebook page to see some sneak peaks and more information.
Thanks for looking
- Shop Stampin Up
- Request a catalogue
- Buy a starter Kit
- Find out about joining our group of Hugs Kisses Stampers
- Use the Host Code for a Free Gift – XE4W7G2V