Welcome to our monthly Casually Crafting Blog Hop! It’s been a huge honour to pick the theme for the blog hop this month. So it was rather fortuitous that I decided to celebrate our fabulous Designer Series Papers (DSP), because this month we have a sale on some of our most popular papers. I found it really hard to chose just one, but finally settled on the wonderful Heart Warming Hugs
Casually Crafting Design Team Blog Hop
Who are we? The Casually Crafting design team are a group of Stampin’ Up demonstrators, that just love to stamp when ever we can.
It’s no secret, that we particularly love the type of cars that are simple and easy to make with just a few products, so they are ideally suited to a beginner or casual crafter. Sometimes, we will add a wow project that is a little more stepped up.
We will be sharing our ideas on the 3rd Friday of each month and you can hop around the group and gather loads of inspiration. So grab yourself a cup of your favourite beverage, sit back & enjoy the hop!
Today’s blog hop is all about creating simple cards using an easy to recreate layout. I love the Heart Warming Hugs DSP and as we slide into Autumn it felt so appropriate to use these fabulous papers and shares some projects with you.
Just check out these papers so full of Christmas cheer, but so easy to use for all occasions cards.
Heart warming Hugs DSP – Pear Pizzazz Warm Hugs to You
For my first two cards I wanted to keep the stamping to a minimum to really showcase these papers.
The base cards are both made in Pear Pizzazz and I then created layers of Whisper White card and DSP.
The top layer Whisper White was die cut using the marvellous Stitched So Sweetly Dies. I just love using these dies as they are so versatile.
All the images and coordinating dies are from the Warm Hugs bundle which is part of the same named Heart Warming Hugs suite.
This card would be a perfect for sending to a friend who might be going through a bit of a low patch, which is not surprising given the current word Pandemic.
Heart warming Hugs DSP – Mossy Meadow For you!
For my next two cards I used Mossy Meadow card stock as a base. This time I simplified the layers and added another piece of DSP.
To add a little more detail to the project I heat embossed the Sentiment and added some of the coordinating Ribbon from the Suite.
I just love how the Real Red braided linen can be gently heat set to give it a curl!
Heart warming Hugs DSP – Real Red I like you a latte!
As a lover of bright colours it would have been remiss of me to not to use Real Red as my base for some of the cards in this challenge. This time I started to use up some of the scraps I had created from my first cards.
For the first version I used the triple banner punch and the Banners pick a punch to create layers of banners. I stamped and die cut the cute mugs and attached them to some of the Mossy Meadow Diagonal Stripe Ribbon using glue dots.
I just loved all the little elements on the second card they were so easy to stamp and die cut and just one mini dimensional was enough to pop these up around the multi layered sentiment
I had great fun making these project. So, please do leave me a comment, because I would love to know which one is your favourite.
If you would like to know more about any of these projects please do get in contact and I would be happy to help you
You may have arrived from Hilary’s blog or started here, so please do hop onto the next blog. Next up is the very talented Barry. Just click on the photo and it will take you straight there.
and the rest of the blog roll
Shop with me
- If you would like to purchase any of the Stampin’ Up! items used for this project, click on the product photos below. You will be taken to my Online Shop where you can find more information and order craft products 24/7!
- Is your Stampin’ Up! order less than £150? If so, use the current Host Gift Code below and receive a free gift from me along with other perks!
- If your order is over £150 please do not use the code as you will be your own Host and get your own rewards to spend! That’s free stuff that you get to chose what ever you wish from the current catalogues and clearance rack
- OR if your order is £99 and above consider joining my team and picking up a whole host of extras. Check it out here
Special Offers and deals
- AVAILABLE NOW: This exclusive Paper Pumpkin Kit, perfect or all levels of crafters (even beginners).
- Everything you need is in the box to make all 8 beautiful cards.
- The kit costs just £20 and is available to order whilst stocks last.
- It includes all supplies to make 8 cards including an exclusive stamp set, an ink spot (small ink pad) and card bases and elements to make the two designs of cards.
- Anyone purchasing the kit via me before November 11th will receive an invite to a free zoom class on the 21st November ( which will be recorded so you can watch on catch up if you can’t make the date) where I will show you some additional designs exclusive to the class
- Get in touch to reserve your kit with me now or place an order via my online shop
- COMING 24th NOVEMBER Save 10% off items in the Annual Catalogue
- Grab those items you want from your wish list and get more for your money.
- A small number of exclusions apply and can be found HERE
- Save on postage! – Send your order by 4.00pm on Tuesday 24th November. I will place the order and you can pick it up from me.
- Download a wish list HERE or why not put together a wish list and share with your friends and family so they buy your Christmas presents
- Don’t forget to use this month’s Customer Host code XE4W7G2V and receive a free gift from me as well as a hand made card to thank you for purchasing from me.
- Celebrate with curvy stamps, dies, and more! Designed for a variety of special occasions, the Quite Curvy Variety Bundle includes everything you need to create one-of-a-kind crafts.
- Don’t let stress steal your spirit – get ahead and get ready to order this exclusive bundle for a festive and frenzy free season!
- Available to order from the 3rd November
- Or join my team of fun happy Hugs and Kisses crafters and you could pre-order right now as part of your starter pack.
- Check out my blog and Facebook page to see some sneak peaks and more information.
Thanks for looking