Welcome to our monthly Casually Crafting Blog Hop! It’s been a huge honour to pick the theme for the blog hop this month. So I chose Black & White cards with a pop of colour. Occasionally, I like to give myself a challenge and Black and white cards could not be further away from my go to bright and vibrant colour palette. Hence the addition of a pop of colour!
Casually Crafting Design Team Blog Hop
Who are we? The Casually Crafting design team are a group of Stampin’ Up demonstrators, that just love to stamp when ever we can.
It’s no secret, that we particularly love the type of cars that are simple and easy to make with just a few products, so they are ideally suited to a beginner or casual crafter. Sometimes, we will add a wow project that is a little more stepped up.
We will be sharing our ideas on the 3rd Friday of each month and you can hop around the group and gather loads of inspiration. So grab yourself a cup of your favourite beverage, sit back & enjoy the hop!
Today’s blog hop is all about simple cards and colour ways. There is such a huge selection of stamp sets that would have been perfect for this theme. In fact once I started I found it very hard to stop. No change there!
Black and White cards with a Pop of Colour – Simple Thanks
For my first card I wanted to make a super simple card with no stamping involved!
To add a little sparkle I went for a Shimmery White card stock base and embossed it with my current go to embossing folder Tasteful Textures.
The top layer is cut using one of the Stitched rectangle dies. This patterned paper (DSP) is actually from our Magic in this night – Halloween suite! Yep, its Halloween paper! Who would have thought? I love that Stampin’ Up! incorporated non ghoulish patterns into the pack. In fact I would say this pack is probably more Gothic than Halloween. What do you think?
Wanting a fresh contrast to the smoky papers, I went for a pop of Granny Apple Green for my accent and a die cut sentiment from the Well Written Die set. To finish I added some Iridescent Pearls. Such a quick and easy to make. Ideal for a thank you card.
This card would be a perfect for using up all the patterned papers that we have sitting at home! Well I’m pretty sure I’m not the only paper hoarder on the planet!
Black and White cards with a Pop of Colour – Simple Stamping You are so special
For my next card I used the same White Shimmery card stock as a base. This time I picked a flower from the wonderful Tasteful Touches set and randomly stamped all over the card using Memento Black Ink. I love this set and you can see move ideas HERE
Taking a piece of Basic Black card, (which had been embossed with the Tasteful Textures again), I adding a narrow strip of the beautiful Balmy Blue Glimmer paper and attached to the card. Doesn’t that glimmer paper, just make this card look magical?
Next I stamped a sentiment from the Tasteful Touches onto a scrap of Shimmery white in Balmy Blue ink and die cut using the coordinating dies. The finish touch, some more Iridescent pearls.
Black and White cards with a Pop of Colour – Let’s celebrate you!
As a lover of bright colours and sunflowers it would have been remiss of me to not to use them in this challenge. This time I used cut a piece of Basic Black to cover my white base card. Once again I embossed the card using the Tasteful Textures folder.
Next I took a piece of Shimmery White card stock and sponged it with Daffodil Delight ink . I then added a Sunflower die in Basic Black and mounted it onto a layer of Daffodil delight card stock before adding it to the card
To finish I added a fussy cut sentiment from the Celebrate Sunflowers set and you guessed it! A few Iridescent Pearls!
Black and White cards with a Pop of Colour – Wobbly Zany Zebra
For my last card I grabbed my favourite stamp set from the annual Catalogue Zany Zebra’s and teamed it with the Pattern Play set, because you just can’t have a zebra card without stripes!
I stamped a piece of shimmery white card stock with Memento Black Ink using one of the stamps from the Pattern Play set. It looks really effective layered together to create a whole background of stripes.
Next, I took another piece of shimmery white card stock and stamped all over to create the black pattern. Don’t they just look like little pops of fun? Rather apt don’t you think? To break up the black and white I added a scatter of Magenta Madness stars and a mat of the coordinating card stock.
The cute zebra was stamped on a scrap of card and fussy cute and mounted using a wobbler mechanism. Why not watch my Facebook Live on Monday 11.00 am, where I will show you how I made this super cute card?
Did you spot that bright little party hat perched on the Zebra’s head? It is another little scrap of Magenta card stock, that has been stamped, fussy cut and attached with glue.The sentiments were heat embossed in white onto Basic Black card stock and the the two smaller ones were punched out using the Classic Label.
By now you won’t be surprised to know that I added some Iridescent Pearls to finish off the card. They really do coordinate with each of the cards!
- Base: Shimmery White – 29.7 cm by 10.5 cm scored at 14.9 cm
- First Layer: Shimmery White – 14.3 cm x 10.5 cm
- Second Layer: Magenta Madness – 11.3 cm x 6.8 cm
- Third Layer: Shimmery White – 11.0 cm x 6.5 cm
I had great fun making these project. So, please do leave me a comment, because I would love to know which one is your favourite.
If you would like to know more about any of these projects please do get in contact and I would be happy to help you
You may have arrived from Hilary’s blog or started here, so please do hop onto the next blog. Next up is the very talented Barry. Just click on the photo and it will take you straight there.
and the rest of the blog roll
Shop with me
- If you would like to purchase any of the Stampin’ Up! items used for this project, click on the product photos below. You will be taken to my Online Shop where you can find more information and order craft products 24/7!
- Is your Stampin’ Up! order less than £150? If so, use the current Host Gift Code below and receive a free gift from me along with other perks!
- If your order is over £150 please do not use the code as you will be your own Host and get your own rewards to spend! That’s free stuff that you get to chose what ever you wish from the current catalogues and clearance rack
- OR if your order is £99 and above consider joining my team and picking up a whole host of extras. Check it out here
Special Offers and deals
- We all love gorgeous Designer Series Paper, and during this incredible sale, you can enjoy a 15% discount on select papers from our current Catalogues!
- Now is a great time to stock up and save on some of our most popular paper designs!
- There is a selection of papers from both the Annual and Mini Catalogues, so I will certainly be stocking up ready to make all my Christmas cards and projects well into the new year.
- Celebrate with curvy stamps, dies, and more! Designed for a variety of special occasions, the Quite Curvy Variety Bundle includes everything you need to create one-of-a-kind crafts.
- Don’t let stress steal your spirit – get ahead and get ready to order this exclusive bundle for a festive and frenzy free season!
- Available to order from the 3rd November
- Or join my team of fun happy Hugs and Kisses crafters and you could pre-order right now as part of your starter pack.
- Check out my blog and Facebook page to see some sneak peaks and more information.
Thanks for looking