Welcome to another Crafty Collaborators blog hop. I am part of an amazing group of demonstrators from all around the world. We will be showcasing some of the wonderful products which can found in our suite of catalogues. Today we are Celebrating Winter Holidays & the amazing diversity of celebrations that occur during December. I thought I would try making a Kilt card to celebrate Hogmanay using the Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper.
Did you know that there are over 40 holidays in the month of December alone? That doesn’t even include the satire and fictional ones! So for a little while I was scratching my head thinking which direction to take. Then I saw my dwindling pile of Plaid Tidings Papers and just knew I wanted to make this stunning paper centre stage.
The Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper is part of the same named Plaid Tidings Suite It includes an amazing bundle, but today I just wanted to use the adorable 6″ x 6″ papers 4 each of 12 double sided designs in a huge assortment of Stampin Up Colours.
When I see plaids I always think of Scottish Tartan and I have been wanting to make a card like this Forever!
Hogmanay is the Scots word for the last day of the year and is synonymous with the celebration of the New Year.
The origins of Hogmanay are unclear, but it may be derived from Norse and Gaelic Traditions. Customs vary throughout Scotland, and usually include gift-giving and visiting the homes of friends and neighbours, with special attention given to the first-foot, the first guest of the new year.
Easy Kilt Card
So, for my card, I pulled out one of the designs I thought most looked like a clan tartan. I scored each piece at ½” intervals, leaving the last two inches. Next concertina the score lines to create the folds of the kilt. I then glued the two front pieces together to create the Kilt. Splayed the folds slightly at the bottom and glued to the base card.
The belt is a scrap of basic black card which I added hand cut silver square with a basic black smaller square on top to create a belt buckle.
The sporran was made using White felt , scraps of Basic Black , some gold twine and a single glittery gem.
- Base: Whisper White – 11-½” by 5-¾” scored at 5-¾”
- Matt: Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper – 5-½” x 5-½”
- First Layer: Green Foil – 4-¼” x 4-¼”
- Second Layer: Whisper White 4″ x 4″
- Kilt: Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper – 6″ x 3″ CUT 2
- Belt: Basic Black – 2″ x ½”
I had great fun making this easy Kilt card and I would love to know what you think? Please do leave me a comment.
If you would like to know more about any of this project please do get in contact and I would be happy to help you
So please hop around the rest of the wonderful demonstrators blogs to see some more inspiration for using these wonderful patterned papers
See the rest of the International team below!
Winter Holidays Blog Hop Team
Shop with me
- If you would like to purchase any of the Stampin’ Up! items used for this project, click on the product photos below. You will be taken to my Online Shop where you can find more information and order craft products 24/7!
- Is your Stampin’ Up! order less than £150? If so, use the current Host Gift Code below and receive a free gift from me along with other perks!
- If your order is over £150 please do not use the code as you will be your own Host and get your own rewards to spend! That’s free stuff that you get to chose what ever you wish from the current catalogues and clearance rack
- OR if your order is £99 and above consider joining my team and picking up a whole host of extras. Check it out here
Special Offers and deals
What is Sale-a-bration
From 5th January to 28th February you can chose a FREE Sale-a-bration product with every £45 (€60) or £90 (€120) you spend (before shipping and handling). There are some stunning Stamp sets and patterned papers to select and I cannot wait to share some more ideas over the coming days.
Special Offers and Limited Time Deals
Thanks for looking
- Shop Stampin Up
- Request a catalogue
- Buy a starter Kit
- Find out about joining our group of Hugs Kisses Stampers
- Use the Host Code for a Free Gift –