Welcome to the Pretty Cards and Paper International Blog hop. I am so fortunate to be joining this group of amazing demonstrators from all around the world. Each month we will be showcasing some of the Designer series papers which can found in our suite of catalogues. I’m so excited to share with you a set of stunning papers from the Annual Catalogue – Peony Garden Designer Series Paper with other pretty coordinating items from same named Peony Garden Suite
Now this month we have chosen the uber elegant and chic Peony Garden Designer Series Paper. Now the designs in this pack are all based on leave and nature and just spoke to me as soon as I saw them. The suite pairs them with some gorgeous gold accents which add a touch of luxury so I was so full of ideas. As you can see below the imagery some look like you have water coloured yourself. There are 2 each of 6 double sided designs in a useful 12″ x 12″ format giving 12 sheets.
The papers are mainly Whisper White, Petal Pink. Gray Granite and Basic Gray, but I thought to would be fun to mix the grey tones of the papers with some yellow tones.
I picked the suite Prized Peony to create a stack of slim Line cards. These are all the rage right now and I just love making them. To go with the cards I made a batch of coordinating Slim line Envelopes. More of that below.
For todays cards I wanted to really showcase those papers. What do you think?
Peony Garden – Simple Slimline Stamped Card
Do you find you need to keep a stack of grab and go cards. Especially right now with all the challenges going on right now. For my first card I wanted to keep everything really simple to show off some of the pretty patterns in this stunning paper range.
Just two Ccear Elegant Gems finishes off the card. Doesn’t it look pretty?
- Base: Basic Black – 29.7 cm by 10.5 cm scored at 14.9 cm
- First Layer : Pear Pizzazz – 14.0 cm by 8.5 cm
- Second Layer : Soft Seafoam -12.0 cm by 8.0 cm
- Third Layer: Garden Green – 10.0 cm by 9.0 cm
- Fourth Layer: Forever Greenery DSP – 9.0 cm by 7.5 cm
Peony Garden – Die cut Peonies Stepped up Slimline Card
For my next card I still wanted to keep everything really simple to show off one of the striking dies in the Prized Peony Bundle.
A base card of Shaded Spruce with a layer of Soft Sea foam card Stock to frame the piece of Striped DSP. This time I used a piece of Whisper White card and used my markers to add the colours from the DSP to each line of the stamp ( From top to bottom – Shaded Spruce, Pretty Peacock, Garden Green, Just Jade and Old Olive. Then before I stamped in onto the card I gave the image a little ‘huff’ to reactivate all the ink. Don’t know what I mean? I just used the moisture in my breath to ensure the ink hadn’t dried on the stamp by passing a deep breath over the face of the stamp. It makes such a difference to the vibrancy of the stamped image.
Next I die cut the sentiment using one of the Sweetly Stitched dies to add some additional detail and framing before adding it to the card with Dimensionals.
As with the last card I finished the card with three Gilded Gems. Simple but really effective.
- Base: Shaded Spruce – 29.7 cm by 10.5 cm scored at 14.9 cm
- First Layer : Soft Seafoam – 14.3 cm by 10.0 cm
- Second Layer : Forever Greenery DSP -13.9 cm by 9.5cm
- Third Layer: Whisper White – 11.0 cm by 8.0 cm (Die cut using the Sweetly stitched die)
Peony Garden – Tri-fold Slimline card with matching envelope
For my next card I kept the front simple, although with the level of detail on that DSP it really doesn’t look that way. The reversible ribbon really coordinates with the rich greens of the papers.
The trick to this card is the layering of the label die, which has been bisected from top to bottom and then splayed before being attached to the base card.
As with all the cards above three Gilded Gems finish off the card.
- Base: Basic Black – 29.7 cm by 10.0 cm scored at 14.9 cm
- First Layer : Garden Green – 14.3 cm by 10.0 cm – Embossed using the the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder
- Second Layer : Soft Seafoam -10.0 cm by 5.5cm
- Third Layer: Forever Greenery DSP – 10.0 cm by 5.0 cm
- Fourth Layer/Sentiment- Basic Black – 10.0 cm by 6.0 cm
- Fifth Layer/Sentiment – Soft Seafoam – 10.0 cm by 6.0 cm
Peony Garden – Slimline Envelope
I had great fun making these projects and I would love to know which one is your favourite? Please do leave me a comment.
If you would like to know more about any of these projects please do get in contact and I would be happy to help you
So please hop around the rest of the wonderful demonstrators blogs to see some more inspiration for using these wonderful patterned papers
See the rest of the International team below!
Pretty Card and Papers International Blog Hop Team
Shop with me
- If you would like to purchase any of the Stampin’ Up! items used for this project, click on the product photos below. You will be taken to my Online Shop where you can find more information and order craft products 24/7!
- Is your Stampin’ Up! order less than £150? If so, use the current Host Gift Code below and receive a free gift from me along with other perks!
- If your order is over £150 please do not use the code as you will be your own Host and get your own rewards to spend! That’s free stuff that you get to chose what ever you wish from the current catalogues and clearance rack
- OR if your order is £99 and above consider joining my team and picking up a whole host of extras. Check it out here
Special Offers and deals
What is Sale-a-bration
From 5th January to 28th February you can chose a FREE Sale-a-bration product with every £45 (€60) or £90 (€120) you spend (before shipping and handling). There are some stunning Stamp sets and patterned papers to select and I cannot wait to share some more ideas over the coming days.
Thanks for looking