Hello and welcome to this blog post featuring my Dandy Wishes Thank you Cards!
So a huge thanks for joining us for our Stampin’ Up!® Demonstrator Monthly Team Blog Hop! We are so happy that you could join us today and hope you’ll find lots of ideas and inspiration. We are a group of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world and are taking part in training to help us build successful Stampin’ Up! businesses and reach our goals. We really appreciate your support
You may be starting here or have come from another blog – either way you can find the link list at the bottom of this post so that you have the opportunity to see every blog post and idea today and believe me you want to check out all the inspiration across the world.
The past couple of weeks I have been playing with my new pre-order products from the NEW January to June Mini Catalogue which is available to order from the 5th January.
One of the bundles is the NEW Garden Wishes Set and it is gorgeous. I can’t share an image of the stamp set or the dies yet, but thought you would love to see a SNEAK PEAK of a card I made for my customers this month using the Dandy Wishes Dies which I paired with a sentiment from the accompanying Mega bundle stamp set Dragonfly Garden.
Blended Thank You Card Using The New Dandy Wishes Dies
The dies in this set are so pretty that they speak for themselves and included some stunning layering Dandelion shapes. However for this card I chose the pretty fine flower heads. I’m not sure what they are, but they sure are really cute?
As many of you know I love sponging colours together to create bright and vibrant backgrounds. So I was no surprise that I grabbed my NEW Blending Brushes to create some fun muted backgrounds. It’s just so easy
I took a piece of Shimmery cardstock and added some Grey Granite, Sahara Sand and So Saffron ink to the card in three sections blending the colours at the edges. With the new soft brushes it was so easy.
Next I splattered some water onto the card and then dabbed it off with some tissue. This technique removes a little of the ink and creates a lovely texture. To add some lowlights I used my coordinating blends to splatter some colour over the card.
Once dry I added five die cut flower heads using glue and stamped the sentiment in Black Tuxedo memento Ink
I then mounted the card onto a layers of Gray Granite and Basic Gray cardstock with a base of Thick Whisper white card stock. With all the detail in the blended background I decided I would forgo my usual embellishing. I think the resulting card is rather simple, but elegant.
More Blended Thank You Cards Using The New Dandy Wishes Dies
Just to change it up a little I made the cards in various colourways just to see the effect . I think they worked really well in the Petal Pink and Seaside Spray. What do you think?
- Base: Thick Whisper White – 5 3/4″ by 11 1/2″ scored at 5 3/4″
- First Layer: Basic Gray – 5″ by 5″
- Second Layer: Gray Granite – 4 1/4″ by 4 1/4″
- Third Layer: Gray Granite – 4 1/8″ by 4 1/8″
- Fourth Layer: Shimmery White – 4″ by 4″
- Flower Heads : Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Gray Granite and So Saffron scraps maximum 4″ by 2″
I had great fun making these cards for my customers this month and I would love to know what you think? Please do leave me a comment.
If you would like to know more about any of my projects please do get in contact and I would be happy to help you.
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I’m sure you are going to love all the amazing projects that you will see today. If you have time show us some love in the comments section, it makes our day. You are currently on my page – Sara Sayers, see who is below me to know where to go next.
Kylie’s Demonstrator Training Support Program Blog Hop December 2020 – Blog hop participant list
Shop with me
- If you would like to purchase any of the Stampin’ Up! items used for this project, click on the product photos below. You will be taken to my Online Shop where you can find more information and order craft products 24/7!
- Is your Stampin’ Up! order less than £150? If so, use the current Host Gift Code below and receive a free gift from me along with other perks!
- If your order is over £150 please do not use the code as you will be your own Host and get your own rewards to spend! That’s free stuff that you get to chose what ever you wish from the current catalogues and clearance rack
- OR if your order is £99 and above consider joining my team and picking up a whole host of extras. Check it out here
Special Offers and deals
What is Sale-a-bration
From 5th January to 28th February you can chose a FREE Sale-a-bration product with every £45 (€60) or £90 (€120) you spend (before shipping and handling). There are some stunning Stamp sets and patterned papers to select and I cannot wait to share some more ideas over the coming days.
Thanks for looking
- Shop Stampin Up
- Request a catalogue
- Buy a starter Kit
- Find out about joining our group of Hugs Kisses Stampers
- Use the Host Code for a Free Gift – FZ6EHHUJ