Welcome to the Crafty Bloggers hop. I am part of an amazing group of demonstrators from all around the world. We love showcasing some of the wonderful products which can found in our suite of catalogues. The theme is Hanukkah. So I created a Hanukkah Menorah Card using my Stitched Nested Labels dies
What is Hanukkah?
Hanukkah means “dedication” in Hebrew. The eight-day holiday celebrates the rededication of the Temple of Jerusalem after it was retaken by the Maccabees, a group of Jewish warriors, from the Greeks in the 2nd century BC.
Often called the Festival of Lights, the holiday celebrates with the lighting of the menorah, traditional foods, games and gifts.
Lighting the special, nine-branch candelabrum is the main ritual on Hanukkah. Most people incorrectly refer to this as a menorah, when in fact the correct name for the candleholder is Hanukkiah or Hanukkah menorah. A menorah, which has only seven candleholders, was the lamp used in the ancient holy temple in Jerusalem, now a symbol of Judaism and an emblem of Israel. A Hanukkiah, however, has nine candlesticks — one for each night of Hanukkah and an extra one to light the others. According to strict Jewish law, a Hanukkiah should have eight candleholders of the same height and a ninth branch that is set higher than the rest. Olive oil was traditionally used to light the Hannukiah, later replaced by candles that are inserted incrementally each night from right to left, but lit from left to right. I found researching all these facts facinating.
For my project I selected a palette of blue tones to complement the background papers.
To keep the project quite simple I selected mainly dies to symbolise each element. What do you think?
Creating A Hanukkah Menorah Card With The Stitched Nested Label Dies
The card base is Thick Whisper White card stock with a layer of the stunning Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Paper. I just love how this design is just so atmospheric and looks like I have spent ages building up the colours. Nope, its all done for you!
To create the effect of the eight candlesticks die cut four of the Stitched Nested Labels in different sizes and mount them on top of each other. To create the ninth central candlestick use the Classic Label Punch with some Silver Foil and adhere it to the top with Glue. Then attach the Menorah to the base card using Dimensionals.
For the candle flames mount a piece of Gold foil onto some of our Adhesive Foams sheets and die cut the little triangles from the Stitched Triangle Dies. The adhesive foam makes placement so easy and completes the stylised look
For the sentiment die cut the banner from the So Much Happy die set & then stamp the Hanukkah in Versamark Ink and then Heat emboss with Silver Embossing powder.
Hanukkah Menorah Card Measurements
- Base: Whisper White – 29.7 cm by 10.5 cm scored at 14.9 cm
- Matt: Snowflake Splendor DSP – 14.3 cm by 10.0 cm
- Candle layers : Misty Moonlight. Balmy Blue, Seaside Spray, Whisper White, Silver foil scraps maximum 7.0 cm by 7.0 cm
- Candle flame: Gold Foil 3.0 cm by 3.0 cm
- Sentiment: Night of Navy – 10.0 cm by 3.5 cm & tiny scrap
I so enjoyed making this card and I would love to know what you think? Please do leave me a comment.
If you would like to know more about any of my projects please do get in contact and I would be happy to help you
So now it’s time to hop around the rest of the wonderful demonstrators blogs to see some more inspiration for using these wonderful patterned papers
See the rest of the International team below!
Hannukah Blog Hop Team
Shop with me
- If you would like to purchase any of the Stampin’ Up! items used for this project, click on the product photos below. You will be taken to my Online Shop where you can find more information and order craft products 24/7!
- Is your Stampin’ Up! order less than £150? If so, use the current Host Gift Code below and receive a free gift from me along with other perks!
- If your order is over £150 please do not use the code as you will be your own Host and get your own rewards to spend! That’s free stuff that you get to chose what ever you wish from the current catalogues and clearance rack
- OR if your order is £99 and above consider joining my team and picking up a whole host of extras. Check it out here
Special Offers and deals
What is Sale-a-bration
From 5th January to 28th February you can chose a FREE Sale-a-bration product with every £45 (€60) or £90 (€120) you spend (before shipping and handling). There are some stunning Stamp sets and patterned papers to select and I cannot wait to share some more ideas over the coming days.
Thanks for looking
- Shop Stampin Up
- Request a catalogue
- Buy a starter Kit
- Find out about joining our group of Hugs Kisses Stampers
- Use the Host Code for a Free Gift – QGWGDYWF