Today I want to share with you one of the projects that I made on yesterday’s Online card and a cuppa using the Poppy Moments dies from the 2020-21 Annual Catalogue. It uses the beautiful red velvet paper from the Aug – Dec Mini Catalogue. If you missed it you can watch the event HERE.
I usually go live with two projects every Monday and Wednesday at 11.00 am BST I would love you to join me so don’t forget to like my page and tune in next week. You can find me here
Today it all about the poppy card on the left of the picture. If you missed the one on the right you can see it HERE
This bundle is just adorable and although both the Stamp set and dies can work independently of each other if you purchase them together you receive a 10% discount. What a great saving!
In the UK we remember our fallen hero’s on the nearest Sunday to the 11th November and the day itself. However this year we are all in a National Lockdown due to the second wave of the pandemic so I thought I would mark my respects by making a card and once I had finished my card I felt it was only right and proper to make a wreath for the door.
My colour palette was pared down to let the focus be the bright red poppies
Poppy Moments Always Remember card
My card was inspired by the very talented Michaela Titheridge. You can see her card here.
To start, I created a slimline card of Basic Black and a layer of Basic Grey, which I sponged with Tuxedo Black Ink to create a smoky, foggy background to represent the battlefields where so many fell.
The next part of the technique can be a little messy so make sure you have plenty of wipeable space around you! Taking a little Whisper White re-inker and some Frost white Shimmer Paint I mixed them together on a block and then splattered the card.
Next I die cut three poppies using the Red Velvet Paper and Poppy parade Card. The centres and leaves are also die cut from the same set using scraps of Basic Black card.
Finally I added some Basic Black die cut leaves from the Ornate Layers and a white embossed sentiment from the appropriately named Peaceful Moments Stamp set.
- Base: Basic Black – 21.0 cm by 20.0 cm scored at 10.0 cm
- First Layer : Basic Gray – 19.5 cm by 9.5 cm
- Poppies Base : Red Velvet Paper -15.0 cm by 10.0 cm
- Poppies first Layer: Poppy Parade – 15.0 cm by 10.0 cm
- Leaves/centres and sentiment: Basic Black scraps
Poppy Moments Lest We Forget Wreath
Once I had finished my Card and a Cuppa Facebook Live I was drawn to create a door wreath to commemorate the fallen and the sacrifices they made . I just so happened to have a small wreath in my stash.
I used more of the die cut poppies and attched them to the wreath using glue dot and dimensionals. To ensure they remained attached in the moisture laden autumn air I added some Tombow glue and let it dry before hanging.
Lest We Forget
“Lest we forget” is a phrase commonly used in war remembrance services and commemorative occasions in English speaking countries. It’s literal meaning is “should not be forgotten” and is often used during Remembrance day commemorations. Before the term was used in reference to soldiers and war, it was first used in an 1897 Christian poem written by Rudyard Kipling called “Recessional“.
I die cut the letters using the Playful Alphabet in Basic Black and attached them to die cut Stitched Nested label dies Using more Glue. Next I folded and burnished the tops of the dies and attached them to some Twine from the Playful Pets Trim combo pack. Finally I added some Sheer red ribbon so I could hang the wreath on my front door.
It was a great honour to be able to make these projects card and I would love to know what you think? Please do leave me a comment.
If you would like to know more about any of my projects please do get in contact and I would be happy to help you
Don’t forget I will be back on Monday with two more card makes. If you would like to join me then I will be going live on my Face Book page KISS Kreative – Sara Sayers at 11.00am BST so see you there!!!
Shop with me
- If you would like to purchase any of the Stampin’ Up! items used for this project, click on the product photos below. You will be taken to my Online Shop where you can find more information and order craft products 24/7!
- Is your Stampin’ Up! order less than £150? If so, use the current Host Gift Code below and receive a free gift from me along with other perks!
- If your order is over £150 please do not use the code as you will be your own Host and get your own rewards to spend! That’s free stuff that you get to chose what ever you wish from the current catalogues and clearance rack
- OR if your order is £99 and above consider joining my team and picking up a whole host of extras. Check it out here
Special Offers and deals
- AVAILABLE NOW: This exclusive Paper Pumpkin Kit, perfect or all levels of crafters (even beginners).
- Everything you need is in the box to make all 8 beautiful cards.
- The kit costs just £20 and is available to order whilst stocks last.
- It includes all supplies to make 8 cards including an exclusive stamp set, an ink spot (small ink pad) and card bases and elements to make the two designs of cards.
- Anyone purchasing the kit via me before November 11th will receive an invite to a free zoom class on the 21st November ( which will be recorded so you can watch on catch up if you can’t make the date) where I will show you some additional designs exclusive to the class
- Get in touch to reserve your kit with me now or place an order via my online shop
- COMING 24th NOVEMBER Save 10% off items in the Annual Catalogue
- Grab those items you want from your wish list and get more for your money.
- A small number of exclusions apply and can be found HERE
- Save on postage! – Send your order by 4.00pm on Tuesday 24th November. I will place the order and you can pick it up from me.
- Download a wish list HERE or why not put together a wish list and share with your friends and family so they buy your Christmas presents
- Don’t forget to use this month’s Customer Host code XE4W7G2V and receive a free gift from me as well as a hand made card to thank you for purchasing from me.
- Celebrate with curvy stamps, dies, and more! Designed for a variety of special occasions, the Quite Curvy Variety Bundle includes everything you need to create one-of-a-kind crafts.
- Don’t let stress steal your spirit – get ahead and get ready to order this exclusive bundle for a festive and frenzy free season!
- Available to order from the 3rd November
- Or join my team of fun happy Hugs and Kisses crafters and you could pre-order right now as part of your starter pack.
- Check out my blog and Facebook page to see some sneak peaks and more information.
Thanks for looking
- Shop Stampin Up
- Request a catalogue
- Buy a starter Kit
- Find out about joining our group of Hugs Kisses Stampers
- Use the Host Code for a Free Gift – XE4W7G2V