Welcome to the Pretty Cards and Paper International Blog hop. I am so fortunate to be joining this group of amazing demonstrators from all around the world. Each month we will be showcasing some of the Designer series papers which can found in our suite of catalogues. I’m so excited to share with you a set of stunning papers from the Annual Catalogue – Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper with other pretty coordinating items from the Forever Greenery Suite
Now this month we have chosen the lush greenery of the Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper. Now the designs in this pack are all based on leave and nature and just spoke to me as soon as I saw them. The suite pairs them with some gorgeous gold accents which add a touch of luxury so I was so full of ideas. As you can see below the imagery some look like you have water coloured yourself. There are 2 each of 6 double sided designs in a useful 12″ x 12″ format giving 12 sheets.
The papers are infused with so many of the gorgeous greens within the Stampin Up colour families so I kept to the main colours and just added hints of Black, White and gold so my cards would be suitable for anyone.
I picked the Happiest of Birthday Stamp Set to create a stack of cards that would fit into two Acetate boxes so I could gift them to a couple of my elderly neighbours who are sheltering at home right now and can’t get out to purchase cards.
For todays cards I wanted to really showcase those papers. What do you think?
Forever Greenery – Simple Scrap Happiest of Birthday Cards
I do love neutral birthday cards! Don’t you? However for my first card I wanted to keep everything really simple to show off some of the pretty patterns in this stunning paper range.
I rummaged through my scrap box and pulled out some Pear Pizzazz, Soft Seafoam and Garden Green scraps that wouldn’t on their own fit a standard C6 card, but once they had been embossed with the Wrapped in Christmas and Greenery Embossing Folder and arranged looked rather good.
Did you know you could stamp on Designer Series Paper DSP)? For this card I just stamped on a piece of the DSP which had plenty of white space using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. I often forget to do this and am always so happy with the results when I do.
Just three Gold Gilded Gems just finishes off the card. Doesn’t it look pretty?
- Base: Basic Black – 29.7 cm by 10.5 cm scored at 14.9 cm
- First Layer : Pear Pizzazz – 14.0 cm by 8.5 cm
- Second Layer : Soft Seafoam -12.0 cm by 8.0 cm
- Third Layer: Garden Green – 10.0 cm by 9.0 cm
- Fourth Layer: Forever Greenery DSP – 9.0 cm by 7.5 cm
Forever Greenery – Simple Hand Coloured Happiest of Birthday Cards
For my next card I still wanted to keep everything really simple to show off one of the striking Striped water coloured patterns in this stunning paper range. Doesn’t it look like it was painted using our Water Painters? Much quicker to achieve the same effect with a piece of DSP!
A base card of Shaded Spruce with a layer of Soft Sea foam card Stock to frame the piece of Striped DSP. This time I used a piece of Whisper White card and used my markers to add the colours from the DSP to each line of the stamp ( From top to bottom – Shaded Spruce, Pretty Peacock, Garden Green, Just Jade and Old Olive. Then before I stamped in onto the card I gave the image a little ‘huff’ to reactivate all the ink. Don’t know what I mean? I just used the moisture in my breath to ensure the ink hadn’t dried on the stamp by passing a deep breath over the face of the stamp. It makes such a difference to the vibrancy of the stamped image.
Next I die cut the sentiment using one of the Sweetly Stitched dies to add some additional detail and framing before adding it to the card with Dimensionals.
As with the last card I finished the card with three Gilded Gems. Simple but really effective.
- Base: Shaded Spruce – 29.7 cm by 10.5 cm scored at 14.9 cm
- First Layer : Soft Seafoam – 14.3 cm by 10.0 cm
- Second Layer : Forever Greenery DSP -13.9 cm by 9.5cm
- Third Layer: Whisper White – 11.0 cm by 8.0 cm (Die cut using the Sweetly stitched die)
Forever Greenery – Happy (Little-bit-late) Birthday
For my next card I kept the front simple, although with the level of detail on that DSP it really doesn’t look that way. The reversible ribbon really coordinates with the rich greens of the papers.
The trick to this card is the layering of the label die, which has been bisected from top to bottom and then splayed before being attached to the base card.
As with all the cards above three Gilded Gems finish off the card.
- Base: Basic Black – 29.7 cm by 10.0 cm scored at 14.9 cm
- First Layer : Garden Green – 14.3 cm by 10.0 cm – Embossed using the the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder
- Second Layer : Soft Seafoam -10.0 cm by 5.5cm
- Third Layer: Forever Greenery DSP – 10.0 cm by 5.0 cm
- Fourth Layer/Sentiment- Basic Black – 10.0 cm by 6.0 cm
- Fifth Layer/Sentiment – Soft Seafoam – 10.0 cm by 6.0 cm
Forever Greenery – Happy B.DAY card
For this card I built up layers of black and green Card to frame some more of the delicate leaves before adding a partial Sweetly stitched label, which had been Embossed using the Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folder.
The leaves are stamped in Garden Green ink from the Forever Fern Stamp Set and fussy cut and attached under the sentiment which was heat embossed in White Stampin Embossing Powder
You will not be surprised that the finishing touch is three Gilded gems… all in the same configuration!
- Base: Garden Green – 29.7 cm by 10.0 cm scored at 14.9 cm
- First Layer : Basic Black – 13.9 cm by 9.5 cm – Embossed using the the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder
- Second Layer : Pear Pizzazz – 13.6 cm by 9.2 cm
- Third Layer: Basic Black – 12.4 cm by 8.0 cm
- Fourth Layer- Basic Black – 11.9 cm by 7.5 cm
- Label: Garden Green – 7.0 cm by 5.5 cm
- Sentiment: Basic Black – Scrap
- Leaves : Whisper White – Scrap about 8.0 cm by 4.0 cm
Forever Greenery – It’s your day!
For my last card I decided to use the adorable Water Coloured fern papers and used the Sweetly Stitched Dies and some of the Forever Gold Laser Cut Speciality papers to add some interest without covering up all those pretty images.
The label was stamped in Pear Pizzazz and and I used the dots in the Forever Fern Stamp set before adding the Gold Laser cut leaves, which really add a touch of elegance to the card.
As with the the other card, three Gilded Gems to finish! Woo hoo and the cards are done
Forever Greenery – Happy Birthday Acetate box
I decorated a couple of acetate boxes with some left over DSP and a wreath of Gold Laser cut papers. I cut down one of the sentiments to fit across the front of the box and wrapped some of the Reversible Ribbon around the box before attaching the sentiment to it with Dimensionals.
I had great fun making these projects and I would love to know which one is your favourite? Please do leave me a comment.
If you would like to know more about any of these projects please do get in contact and I would be happy to help you
So please hop around the rest of the wonderful demonstrators blogs to see some more inspiration for using these wonderful patterned papers
See the rest of the International team below!
Pretty Card and Papers International Blog Hop Team
Shop with me
- If you would like to purchase any of the Stampin’ Up! items used for this project, click on the product photos below. You will be taken to my Online Shop where you can find more information and order craft products 24/7!
- Is your Stampin’ Up! order less than £150? If so, use the current Host Gift Code below and receive a free gift from me along with other perks!
- If your order is over £150 please do not use the code as you will be your own Host and get your own rewards to spend! That’s free stuff that you get to chose what ever you wish from the current catalogues and clearance rack
- OR if your order is £99 and above consider joining my team and picking up a whole host of extras. Check it out here
Special Offers and deals
- AVAILABLE NOW: This exclusive Paper Pumpkin Kit, perfect or all levels of crafters (even beginners).
- Everything you need is in the box to make all 8 beautiful cards.
- The kit costs just £20 and is available to order whilst stocks last.
- It includes all supplies to make 8 cards including an exclusive stamp set, an ink spot (small ink pad) and card bases and elements to make the two designs of cards.
- Anyone purchasing the kit via me before November 11th will receive an invite to a free zoom class on the 21st November ( which will be recorded so you can watch on catch up if you can’t make the date) where I will show you some additional designs exclusive to the class
- Get in touch to reserve your kit with me now or place an order via my online shop
- COMING 24th NOVEMBER Save 10% off items in the Annual Catalogue
- Grab those items you want from your wish list and get more for your money.
- A small number of exclusions apply and can be found HERE
- Save on postage! – Send your order by 4.00pm on Tuesday 24th November. I will place the order and you can pick it up from me.
- Download a wish list HERE or why not put together a wish list and share with your friends and family so they buy your Christmas presents
- Don’t forget to use this month’s Customer Host code XE4W7G2V and receive a free gift from me as well as a hand made card to thank you for purchasing from me.
- Celebrate with curvy stamps, dies, and more! Designed for a variety of special occasions, the Quite Curvy Variety Bundle includes everything you need to create one-of-a-kind crafts.
- Don’t let stress steal your spirit – get ahead and get ready to order this exclusive bundle for a festive and frenzy free season!
- Available to order from the 3rd November
- Or join my team of fun happy Hugs and Kisses crafters and you could pre-order right now as part of your starter pack.
- Check out my blog and Facebook page to see some sneak peaks and more information.
Thanks for looking