Welcome to the Crafty Bloggers hop. I am part of an amazing group of demonstrators from all around the world. Each month we will be showcasing some of the wonderful products which can found in our suite of catalogues. Today we are hopping using one of my favourite Suites in the August to December Mini Catalogue – the Trimming the Town suite
I have used this suite for so many occasions and so many projects this year. The whole suite has so many options to make year round projects, as you will see from the projects below.
This suite is perfect for making loads of different projects all by itself. However, I thought it would be fun to pair the stamps, dies and papers with some of the other wonderful bundles that we have in both the annual and August to December mini Catalogues.
Trimming the Town meets A Beautiful World
So, for my first card, I pulled out my Whisper white card stock and created a card base and a mat. I stamped a little pattern of stars from the Christmas Countdown stamp set onto the mat in Pool Party ink. Next I embossed the mat using the Tasteful Textile embossing folder. How pretty does that look?
Taking my World Map dies I die cut one of the globes in Whisper White. Then a coordinating circle in Pool Party cardstock. These are attached together with Mini Dimensionals ready to assemble on the card.
I then fussy cut about 25 little houses from the beautiful Trimming the Town DSP! Yep I know its fiddly, but the end result is so worth the effort. I then arranged them around the world, literally. Doesn’t it make it look like we are all connected around the world? Which of course we are!
The sentiment is stamped in Pool Party ink and die cut with the same circle from the dies. The outside was finished with some of the Wonderful Gems
For the inside of my cards I took one of the globe stamps from the Beautiful world stamp set and stamped three images down the side in Pool Party Ink. The internal sentiment was stamped in Early Espresso ink
- Base: Whisper White- 29.7 cm by 10.5 cm scored at 14.9 cm
- Matt: Whisper White – 14.3 cm by 10.0 cm
- Sentiment : Whisper White scrap 5.0 cm by 5.0 cm
- World base : Pool Party scrap 5.0 cm by 5.0 cm
- World Die: Whisper White – 5.0 cm by 5.0 cm
Trimming the Town meets Playful Alphabet
I bet you can’t guess where the inspiration came for my second card? Yep, this beautiful teapot and milk jug were a recent birthday gift from a wonderful friend of mine. For those that know me, colour plays a huge part of my ‘why’ for crafting. I love the bright family so used every single colour in this family to create the vibrant silhouette on this card.
This card is the uber popular slimline/ DL shaped (dimension lengthways) card. The base card is made from one sheet of thick Whisper white cardstock and I used the left over piece to create a mat layer. I do like the impact of white on white.
Taking some scraps of cardstock from the Bright colour family I die cut a selection of the houses from the Home Together dies and for some contrast a house in a scrap of White.
Next I attached a piece of Whisper White card stock to a piece of foam adhesive sheets and die cut the letters to spell HOME!
The Sentiment was computer generated and printed onto Whisper White cardstock. I finished with some bling using some of the Elegant Faceted Gems.
As we may soon enter into another phase of lockdown in our area, it seemed very appropriate to translate this idea, that had been mulling around in my head into a card. So what do your think?
- Base: Whisper White- 21.0 cm x 20.0cm scored on the short side at 10.0 cm
- Matt: Whisper White – 20.0 cm by 9.0 cm
- Sentiment & letters – Whisper White scrap 5.0 cm by 5.0 cm and 7.0 cm by 5.0 cm
- Houses: Scrap – Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point & Gorgeous Grape – maximum size 9.0 cm by 6.0 cm
Trimming the Town meets Mountain Air
For my last card today I wanted to create a simple forest scene and the Mountain Air Bundle fit the bill perfectly!
Using some more scrapes of card in Shaded Spruce, Old Olive, Basic Gray & Smoky Slate and stamped the tree images in Versamark. Yes, I just used Versamark to stamp! So you don’t need to have lots of different inks to make this card work. Ideal for beginners or mass production.
The card base and layers are all made in Whisper White cardstock. To add some extra texture embossed the mat layer using the Tasteful Textures Embossing folder again. The houses and sentiment are stamped in Smoky Slate Ink, but you could easily use Memento Black Ink instead for more impact.
To finish I added some Wink of Stella to the trees, house tops and snow line and a few more Elegant Faceted Gems
- Base: Whisper White- 29.7 cm by 10.5 cm scored at 14.9 cm
- Layer 1: Whisper White – 12.9 cm by 8.5 cm
- Layer 2: Whisper White – 13.7 cm by 6.0 cm
- Houses : Whisper White scrap 9.0 cm by 6.0 cm
- Trees : Scrap 7.0 cm by 6.0 cm
I had great fun making this card and I would love to know what you think? Please do leave me a comment.
If you would like to know more about any of this project please do get in contact and I would be happy to help you
So please hop around the rest of the wonderful demonstrators blogs to see some more inspiration for using these wonderful patterned papers
See the rest of the International team below!
Trimming the Town Blog Hop Team
Shop with me
- If you would like to purchase any of the Stampin’ Up! items used for this project, click on the product photos below. You will be taken to my Online Shop where you can find more information and order craft products 24/7!
- Is your Stampin’ Up! order less than £150? If so, use the current Host Gift Code below and receive a free gift from me along with other perks!
- If your order is over £150 please do not use the code as you will be your own Host and get your own rewards to spend! That’s free stuff that you get to chose what ever you wish from the current catalogues and clearance rack
- OR if your order is £99 and above consider joining my team and picking up a whole host of extras. Check it out here
Special Offers and deals
- We all love gorgeous Designer Series Paper, and during this incredible sale, you can enjoy a 15% discount on select papers from our current Catalogues!
- Now is a great time to stock up and save on some of our most popular paper designs!
- There is a selection of papers from both the Annual and Mini Catalogues, so I will certainly be stocking up ready to make all my Christmas cards and projects well into the new year.
- Celebrate with curvy stamps, dies, and more! Designed for a variety of special occasions, the Quite Curvy Variety Bundle includes everything you need to create one-of-a-kind crafts.
- Don’t let stress steal your spirit – get ahead and get ready to order this exclusive bundle for a festive and frenzy free season!
- Available to order from the 3rd November
- Or join my team of fun happy Hugs and Kisses crafters and you could pre-order right now as part of your starter pack.
- Check out my blog and Facebook page to see some sneak peaks and more information.
Thanks for looking