Welcome to our monthly Casually Crafting Blog Hop! The theme for our hop this month is – Autumn Term and although I have been loving all the hot sunny weather recently here in beautiful Surrey I know that we are hurtling towards our third season of this rather strange year. In fact it’s been rather amusing that the only queue I have seen at the shops has been the Village School Uniform supplier!
So who are we? We are a group of Stampin’ Up demonstrators who just love to stamp when ever we can. We particularly love the type of cards that are simple and easy to make with just a few products. So would ideally suit beginner and casual crafter’s. However occasionally we will add a wow project that would suit a more avid crafter. We will be sharing our ideas on the 3rd Friday of each month and you can hop around the group and gather loads of inspiration. So grab yourself a cup of your favourite beverage, sit back & enjoy the hop!
So today’s blog hop is all about Autumn Term. We have quite a large selection of stamp sets that would have worked for this theme, but I immediately started thinking of all the children that have been out of school since March due to the Pandemic. It was obvious that the project just had to be about Back to school. Its going to be such a huge event next month with many children & teachers alike not having seen each other face to face for over 6 months. It’s going to be some reunion.
So I just had to pick the Seasonal Harvest Hellos Stamp set for my cards. The sentiments are just perfect and the coordinating Apple Builder punch making it a doddle to
Autumn Term with Harvest Hellos – Simple Teacher Card
For my first card I wanted to make a super simple card using just Stamps, Ink paper and the matching punch.
I went for a proper Green apple so I just had to use Granny Apple Green! Well it had to be done!
Check out that patterned paper. Isn’t it pretty? Its actually from the Heartwarming Hugs Designer series pack. Who says Christmas paper can’t be used all year round
This card would be a perfect project to make with your Kids or Grand-kids as an end of holidays activity and they could take a whole pile back into school with them or conversely just make one for that special teacher in their life.
Autumn Term with Harvest Hellos – Stepped up Teacher Card
For my next card I used the same layout, but swapped the colours and about and dry embossed the Whisper White layer with the NEW Wrapped in Texture embossing folder. This time I went for a Real Red apple. What do you think Gala or Braeburn?
I also swapped out the sentiment to a welcome back. This would a perfect card to give to school friends or teachers to give to their class. Either way its simple, stunning and easy to make in large quantities of needed.
Autumn Term with Harvest Hellos – Super Stepped up Teacher Card
For my next card I changed the layout slightly and this time swapped the embossing folder for the beautiful Pinewood planks. I stamped the little pips all over the Real red layer and then used some of the layered circles to create a feature
Check out that 3D apple, It’s just so easy to make.J ust stamped the cores on whisper White, coloured them with blends and then punched them out with the Apple Builder Punch. Repeat the process until you have about 9 apples, then folder them in half and glued them together to form half an apple and attached to the base. I just love how it looks like slices of juicy apple.
For the accompanying full apple I punched 21 apples in the DSP (patterned paper) and then glued then together as per the card, but before I closed the last side to together I added a real stick! To finish I added two punched leaves in Granny Apple Green and three Elegant faceted gems coloured with a blender pen. Its so cute!
Autumn Term with Harvest Hellos – Mindful colouring
For my last card I grabbed my Tasteful Textile embossing folder and my Stitched So Sweetly dies.
I stamped the apple on So Saffron card and coloured it with Real Red and Soft suede blends. I’m really pleased with how it came out. I really looks curved, but I promise you its just mounted using three dimensionals!
It looks complicated, but the colouring was really easy, I just used my pens in the direction thh apple curved and left a lighter patch where the ‘widest’ part of the the apple would be. By using short light strokes it was easy to build up the texture of the apple skin. I added a little luminescence with Wink of Stella Pen.
I had great fun making these projects and I would love to know which one is your favourite? So please do leave me a comment.
If you would like to know more about any of these projects please do get in contact and I would be happy to help you
You may have arrive from Hilary’s blog or started here, but do go hop onto the next blog which is the uber talented Barry. Just click on the photo and it will take you straight there.
and the rest of the blog roll
Sadly Gillian won’t be joining us this month, but she will be back next month.
Shop with me
Shop with me
- If you would like to purchase any of the Stampin’ Up! items used for this project, click on the product photos below. You will be taken to my Online Shop where you can find more information and order craft products 24/7!
- Is your Stampin’ Up! order less than £150? If so, use the current Host Gift Code below and receive a free gift from me along with other perks!
- If your order is over £150 please do not use the code as you will be your own Host and get your own rewards to spend! That’s free stuff that you get to chose what ever you wish from the current catalogues and clearance rack
- OR if your order is £99 and above consider joining my team and picking up a whole host of extras. Check it out here
Special Offers and deals
- AVAILABLE NOW: This exclusive Paper Pumpkin Kit, perfect or all levels of crafters (even beginners).
- Everything you need is in the box to make all 8 beautiful cards.
- The kit costs just £20 and is available to order whilst stocks last.
- It includes all supplies to make 8 cards including an exclusive stamp set, an ink spot (small ink pad) and card bases and elements to make the two designs of cards.
- Anyone purchasing the kit via me before November 11th will receive an invite to a free zoom class on the 21st November ( which will be recorded so you can watch on catch up if you can’t make the date) where I will show you some additional designs exclusive to the class
- Get in touch to reserve your kit with me now or place an order via my online shop
- COMING 24th NOVEMBER Save 10% off items in the Annual Catalogue
- Grab those items you want from your wish list and get more for your money.
- A small number of exclusions apply and can be found HERE
- Save on postage! – Send your order by 4.00pm on Tuesday 24th November. I will place the order and you can pick it up from me.
- Download a wish list HERE or why not put together a wish list and share with your friends and family so they buy your Christmas presents
- Don’t forget to use this month’s Customer Host code XE4W7G2V and receive a free gift from me as well as a hand made card to thank you for purchasing from me.
- Celebrate with curvy stamps, dies, and more! Designed for a variety of special occasions, the Quite Curvy Variety Bundle includes everything you need to create one-of-a-kind crafts.
- Don’t let stress steal your spirit – get ahead and get ready to order this exclusive bundle for a festive and frenzy free season!
- Available to order from the 3rd November
- Or join my team of fun happy Hugs and Kisses crafters and you could pre-order right now as part of your starter pack.
- Check out my blog and Facebook page to see some sneak peaks and more information.
Special Offers and Limited Time Deals
- Don’t forget you only have until 31st August to redeem those vouchers
Thanks for looking