Welcome to the Pretty Cards and Paper International Blog hop. I was recently invited to join this group of amazing demonstrators from all around the world. Each month we will be showcasing some of the Designer series papers which can found in our suite of catalogues. I’m so excited to share with you my first ever set of projects using one of my favourite patterned papers (Designer series paper) from the new 2020-21 Annual Catalogue – In Good Taste
Now the papers we are concentrating on month are just spectacular. As you can see below they are Photographic images for a variety of textures, including wood, fabric, plaster and tiles to name but a few. They are so realistic. Not only that, they come in a bumper pack of 2 each of 12 double sided designs, giving 24 sheets. So you really will be spoilt for choice.
So as there were so many options to chose I decided to pare my colour pallette down to just four colours to keep my projects simple:
The In Good Taste papers are part of the beautiful In Good Taste suite, which includes a wonderful Stamp set and Dies which can be purchased as a bundle giving a 10% saving. There is also an incredible Tasteful Textures 3D Embossing Folder and some super cute wooden elements to complete the package.
Pretty Cards and Paper – In Good Taste Simple Card
So, for this card I pulled out the Stamp and dies bundle and created a subtle back ground on some of the NEW Misty Moonlight In-Colour card-stock.
My focus was the wonderful blue tiles papers which once layered on coordinating card stock, really took centre stage.
Check out that cute die with the sentiment. I know this is going to be a firm favourite in my craft room this year.
Pretty Cards and Paper – In Good Taste Simple Embossed Feather Card
Again, keeping the card bases quite simple by using Whisper White as the base I used another tiled pattern and added one of the NEW square vellum doiles (Great for when you don’t want to get your die cutting machine out!). A simple stamped sentiment & heat embossed feather completes the card.
Pretty Cards and Paper – In Good Taste Stepped up Embossed Flower Card
Using the same layout as the previous card, I first stamped some of the pretty leaves onto the base card using Misty Moonlight Ink. Using a stitched circle as a topper base I added a cute stamped and fussy cut flower in the same colour. The sentiment was heat embossed, fussy cut and added to the card with dimensionals. Finally I took some of the wooden elements and carefully heat embossed them using White Stampin’ Embossing powder. Don’t they look pretty in white?
Pretty Cards and Paper – In Good Taste Fun Fold Card
For my last card, I decided to create a simple fun fold card by slicing a piece of the front of the card off at 7.5 cm and used it at right angles to create the topper. This time I used some of the plaster effect papers inside the card 14.3 cm by 10.0 cm. For the front I added a piece of embossed whisper White card 6.8 cm by 10.0 cm using one of the NEW mini Greenery Embossing Folders. I just love this folder as it reminds me of one of my favourite textile designers Orla Kiely.
For the topper I added another piece of the gorgeous plaster effect paper 6.5 cm by 10.0 cm. I then coloured some of our Silver Metallic edged ribbon using the Dark Misty Moonlight Blend. and attached it around the topper in a bow for a touch of luxury!
To keep showing off the papers I stamped straight onto the In Good Taste DSP and added a hand cut stamped flower from the Tasteful Touches Stamp Set.
I added a piece of Whisper White inside the card finished with another sentiment and a stamped feather.
Pretty Cards and Paper – In Good Taste Cute Parcel Box
For my final project I wanted to share with you a cute project that is so easy to make. I used the Perfect Parcels dies to cut two pieces of the tile effect In Good Taste papers. Once assembled I added a die cut sentiment on the side using a label from the same die set and mounted onto a piece of Misty Moonlight card stock which was punched using the Timeless label punch.
To finish I wrapped the box with some Denim Ribbon. Don’t forget to fill the box first!
I had great fun making these projects and I would love to know which one is your favourite? Please do leave me a comment.
If you would like to know more about any of these projects please do get in contact and I would be happy to help you
So please hop around the rest of the wonderful demonstrators blogs to see some more inspiration for using these wonderful patterned papers
See the rest of the International team below!
Pretty Card and Papers International Blog Hop Team
Shop with me
Shop with me
- If you would like to purchase any of the Stampin’ Up! items used for this project, click on the product photos below. You will be taken to my Online Shop where you can find more information and order craft products 24/7!
- Is your Stampin’ Up! order less than £150? If so, use the current Host Gift Code below and receive a free gift from me along with other perks!
- If your order is over £150 please do not use the code as you will be your own Host and get your own rewards to spend! That’s free stuff that you get to chose what ever you wish from the current catalogues and clearance rack
- OR if your order is £99 and above consider joining my team and picking up a whole host of extras. Check it out here
Special Offers and deals
- AVAILABLE NOW: This exclusive Paper Pumpkin Kit, perfect or all levels of crafters (even beginners).
- Everything you need is in the box to make all 8 beautiful cards.
- The kit costs just £20 and is available to order whilst stocks last.
- It includes all supplies to make 8 cards including an exclusive stamp set, an ink spot (small ink pad) and card bases and elements to make the two designs of cards.
- Anyone purchasing the kit via me before November 11th will receive an invite to a free zoom class on the 21st November ( which will be recorded so you can watch on catch up if you can’t make the date) where I will show you some additional designs exclusive to the class
- Get in touch to reserve your kit with me now or place an order via my online shop
- COMING 24th NOVEMBER Save 10% off items in the Annual Catalogue
- Grab those items you want from your wish list and get more for your money.
- A small number of exclusions apply and can be found HERE
- Save on postage! – Send your order by 4.00pm on Tuesday 24th November. I will place the order and you can pick it up from me.
- Download a wish list HERE or why not put together a wish list and share with your friends and family so they buy your Christmas presents
- Don’t forget to use this month’s Customer Host code XE4W7G2V and receive a free gift from me as well as a hand made card to thank you for purchasing from me.
- Celebrate with curvy stamps, dies, and more! Designed for a variety of special occasions, the Quite Curvy Variety Bundle includes everything you need to create one-of-a-kind crafts.
- Don’t let stress steal your spirit – get ahead and get ready to order this exclusive bundle for a festive and frenzy free season!
- Available to order from the 3rd November
- Or join my team of fun happy Hugs and Kisses crafters and you could pre-order right now as part of your starter pack.
- Check out my blog and Facebook page to see some sneak peaks and more information.
Special Offers and Limited Time Deals
Thanks for looking