Welcome to our monthly Casually Crafting Blog Hop! The theme for our hop is – Easter
So who are we? We are a group of Stampin’ Up demonstrators who just love to stamp when ever we can. We particularly love the type of cards that are simple and easy to make with just a few products. So would ideally suit beginner and casual crafter’s. However occasionally we will add a wow project that would suit a more avid crafter. We will be sharing our ideas on the 3rd Friday of each month and you can hop around the group and gather loads of inspiration. So grab yourself a cup of your favourite beverage, sit back & enjoy the hop!
I wrote this post a couple of weeks ago, way before all the recent events and the global spread of the Covid -19 virus. I decided to keep the contents apart from this little paragraph and I hope you find this post a little distraction from all the sadness and fear currently spreading around the world.
Welcome Spring & Welcome Easter
I love spring! It’s the time of year when everything in nature is changing and promises new life and new hope. After the long, dark, winter months, spring is literally a breath of fresh air. And as the days get longer, the nights get shorter, and it starts to feel warmer, nature responds in a big way.
So when I started looking for inspiration for this blog hop I was instantly drawn to four colours, which just spoke to me!
Welcome Easter meets Ornate Garden
I just adore the Welcome Easter stamp set in the January to June Mini Catalogue. It fits the theme perfectly and is prefect for beginners and avid crafters alike. So easy to colour with all sorts of mediums. How cute are those characters?
I wanted to keep to the colour combination I had chosen so had a look through my patterned papers, but nothing really fitted the bill. Then my pre-order of the Ornate Garden Suite arrived and when I saw the beautiful new papers. I immediately knew exactly what to use.
This is an early release suite from the new annual catalogue due out in June. But do don’t have to wait until June to buy it. The whole medley is available to purchase from the 1st April! I promise its not a joke.
I chose one of the white & gold foiled sheets and used a blender pen and my inks to colour the papers. its super simple and really easy to do. Plus so therapeutic
TIP: Build up the colour lightly and make sure to wipe each colour off the blender pen before moving to the next one.
I then embossed the adorable bunny in gold onto Shimmer Card stock and coloured him (?) in Highland Heather using the blender pen. I then fussy cut him and mounted him onto a 2″ circle punched from more shimmer card stock.
Before adhering to the card with dimensionals I added matt of Daffodil Delight using a starburst punch and some stripes of pretty ribbon underneath. To finish I embossed the sentiment in gold onto a scrap of Balmy Blue and fussy cut it before attaching with mini dimensionals.
Easter – Ornate Garden meets Daisy Lane
We have just 10 days left to earn free products from Sale-A-Bration so for my second card I decided to use one of the free paper available with a £45 order – Golden Honey DSP. Its so gorgeous so grab it whilst you still can!
I used the pretty new Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder with a piece of Whisper White to create the base. I then took a strip of the Golden Honey paper and coloured it using sponge brayers. I then used another piece of the white & gold foiled sheets, but this time I left it plain to let the gold foil shine!
You might be wondering where those cut bunnies came from. Well, would you believe me if I said, they are punched from the daisy punch? Yep! I cut off all but two of the petals and folded down one to create a floppy ear. I then used a basic Black Marker to draw on a face! Such fun to make…..
To finish I stamped and die cut the sentiment from the A Wish for everything Bundle. Its such a versatile set. A must have for your collection as it covers so many occasions. This would be a great project to do with the kids or Grandchildren as there is very little colouring.
Easter – Bunny Treats
For my final project I wanted to make some fun little Easter treats to give to friends and family. I have seen a few European demos make some of these on Pinterest and just had to have a go at making my own.
I used the rest of the Golden Honey foiled paper, that I used in my second project. You could use any of our 12″ x 12″ paper & its a great way to use up your papers!
Instructions for each bunny:
- Cut a 2.5cm (1″) strip
- Using a sponge brayer colour the paper with the ink colour of your choice or use a sheet that is already coloured
- Once dried score at 5.0cm, 14.0cm, 16.5cm & 25.5cm (Or 2″, 5.5″, 6.5″ & 10″)
- Fold all the score lines and burnish
- Use a small piece of tape across one end and fold so you can attach to the other end to create the ears.
- Attach your egg or sweet treat to the base with a mini glue dot
- Use piece of ribbon the secure the ears. I used Whisper White Crinkled seam binding
- To finish attach your sentiment using mini glue dots. I use the stamps and dies from the A Wish for everything Bundle
I had great fun making these projects and I would to know which one is your favourite? So please do leave me a comment.
You may have arrive from Hilary’s blog or started here, but do go hop onto the next blog which is the uber talented Barry. Just click on the photo and it will take you straight there.
and the rest of the blog roll
- If you would like to purchase any of the Stampin’ Up! items used for this project, click on the product photos below. You will be taken to my Online Shop where you can find more information and order craft products 24/7!
- Is your Stampin’ Up! order less than £150? If so, use the current Reward Code below and receive a free gift from me along with other perks!
- If your order is over £150 please do not use the code as you will be your own Hostess and get your own rewards to spend! That’s free stuff that you get to chose what ever you wish from the current catalogues and clearance rack
- or if your order is £99 and above consider joining my team and picking up a whole host of extras. Check it out here
- During Sale-A-Bration you can chose a FREE item with every £45 qualifying spend. So the more you order the more free items you could get! Contact me for more details
Thanks for looking